Happy saturday, San Diego! Here’s everything you need to know to get your day off to a good start.
First, the weather forecast for the day:
Low clouds, breaking fog. High: 65 Low: 57.
The Daily is made possible by local CBD company Philman .com.
Want to see your featured company at this place in the newsletter? Click here to begin.
Here are the best stories in San Diego today:
- Mayor Todd Gloria announced that the City of San Diego will move forward with its requirement that all city employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 1 as a condition of employment. The city will grant medical and religious exemptions on a case-by-case basis, as required by law. Any city employee who refuses to be vaccinated and does not benefit from an exemption will be fired. (City News Service)
- The unemployment rate in San Diego County fell to 5.3% in October, from 5.6% revised in September and well below the estimate of 8.4% a year ago, according to figures released by the state Department of Employment Development. This compares to an unadjusted unemployment rate of 6.1% for California – which fell 6.4% in September – and 4.3% for the country – down from 4.6% in September – during the same period. (City News Service)
- The San Diego County Treasurer-Office of the Tax Collector reminded residents to verify tax refunds before transferring the unclaimed $ 713,585 to the county general fund. The county still has 1,771 unclaimed refunds on a searchable list on sdttc.com. To date, 77 claims have been received and $ 39,908 has been returned to their rightful owners. (City News Service)
- Missed the headlines? Take a look at some of this week’s stories about police, firefighters and courtrooms from all over San Diego County. (San Diego Patch)
- Are you looking for things to do? See what’s coming up this weekend in San Diego County and Southern california. (Encinitas Patch)
Today in San Diego:
- Clean and Green River Cleanup – Mission Valley Preserve. (9h00)
- Cathedral Classics – San Diego Master Choir. (7 p.m.)
- Michelle Bradley in concert – San Diego Opera House. (7:30 p.m.)
- Fooz Fighters – Tribute to the Foo Fighters. (9 p.m.)
- JORDY – Pride of San Diego. (9:30 p.m.)
San Diego Patch Book
- City of San Diego: “Taste of December Nights is back on December 3, 4 and 5! The Holiday Tradition Reinvented will bring together 20 of San Diego’s favorite food and drink vendors for a convenient and safe drive-thru festival! ” (Facebook)
- San Diego Humanitarian Society: “You can give twice as many homeless animals hope this holiday season!” Your gift made via the button below or on sdhumane.org/HolidayDrive will be doubled, thanks to an incredible donation of $ 500,000 from the Resource Partners Foundation. ” (Facebook)
- San Diego Public Library Foundation: “This week, we partnered with the San Diego Parks Foundation to launch a community effort to ensure our libraries and parks serve all San Diego residents. Thank you to everyone who joined us and stay tuned for more information !” (Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
Please follow and stay informed. If you like these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to read them. Send them this link to subscribe.
– Kristina houck
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming San Diego Daily? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.